Friday, January 31, 2014

Sometimes....

Sometimes life sucks. But more often it is totally legitimately amazing.
Sometimes I get down on myself.
Sometimes I forget how beautiful the world is.
Sometimes I forget how blessed I am.
Sometimes I forget to think, and I make a big mistake.
Sometimes I feel lost and forgotten by everyone and everything.
But more often I remember that I am loved.
Sometimes I'm selfish and rotten.
Sometimes I don't feel like doing what I know I should.
Sometimes I want to bite someones head off.
Sometimes I want to hug everyone I see.
Sometimes I remember that I'm worth it, and sometimes I don't.
Sometimes life makes me cry.
Sometimes it makes me smile.
Sometimes I cry myself to sleep.
Sometimes I laugh myself to sleep instead.
Sometimes I curl up in a blanket with a book.
Sometimes I run outside in my socks.
Sometimes I go too fast and I have to crash to remember that I'm not perfect.
I don't say thank you enough.
But sometimes I do.
Sometimes I just want to be left alone and pretend that I don't exist.
That doesn't seem to work.
Sometimes I want to run into Wal-Mart screaming, telling everyone how awesome my life is.
Other times I want to slap someone.
Sometimes I get a hug, or a text, or simply a "hello" from someone I love.
Sometimes at night I forget to pray.
I forget to say thank you to The One who has given me everything.
But sometimes I can feel His arms around me.
I say thanks and I know He truly cares.

Missy, The Happy Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment