Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The First Kiss

My head upon his chest
His arms wrapped around me,
I can hear the beating of his heart quite clearly. 

The big thump thump within his chest grows ever faster
I smile, and wait.
And still I wait. 

I laugh and I smile at the banging of his heart.
Pleased to be the one to make it race. 
And still I wait.

What he doesn't know,
 Is I've never kissed before.
And I'm dying to try it out. 

But instead I just wait.
My heart begins to race along with his.
Our hearts beat as one.

I finally make a comment.
"Your heart is beating fast."
"Yes, I know." He says.

And again I wait. 

The wait is shorter now,
And before I know it
He lifts my chin up softly.

I don't dare look in his eyes,
So I let mine fall shut 
And our lips touch.

Little did I know just where that kiss would take us. 
On a crazy, wild adventure filled with love,
And lots more kisses. 

-Missy DeMille

1 comment:

  1. Oh Missy!! I LOVE these newest posts! What a gem you are!! I hope that married life is treating you wonderfully! I think of you two often and pray that you are well in every way! SOOOO much love to you...and your Love! :)

    Have a Happy Day!!

    ReplyDelete