Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Education

We are at war.

Why did we stop killing The Dragon? When did we decide it was wrong to play? When did we really let The Dragon take us captive? Why does she eventually seem to take all of us? Why does she twist us, mold us, and put us where she pleases? Why do we let her?

While life lives others, I live life. I am odd and strange because I am me, and not a copy of some face that has no name. I am free, I am happy.
                I am insanity.

Years wear on and on. And oh! How tired we all are. It sometimes seems to us that we will never get through, The Dragon will swallow us up.

Does the world not see? No, it is blind. Do they not hear? No, they are deaf. Do they not taste the bitter pain? No, they have no tongue. Do they not feel the hurt? No, they are numb.

We are all unhappy with ourselves, but we refuse to admit it.

We live our lives in Boxes. Crammed full of people just like us, trying to fit in.

I sigh regretfully as another tear falls to the cold gray cement.

An empty, blank page stares me in the face. The distant beating sounds in my ears.

Inspiration will come at each moment as I work towards the things I want.

You are in danger of letting yourself be shaped by the thoughts, feeling, hopes, dreams and ideas of another. Your eyes read on unaware of your mind. Not knowing that you are being shaped, molded and squished into something you might not want to be.

I told myself that I would never let anything stop me, so nothing has.

I fall. It attacks. I am the victor for a moment. I run and fall again and again and again. I hear something. Laughter! Real, heartwarming laughter. Freedom is waiting on the other side. What am I doing here?

What made them so cheerful? He thought. Did they not feel the gloom all about?

You do get worn down, but you’re molded into something greater; a perfected version of yourself.

I sit quietly, the wind blowing through my hair. The birds fly above me as I pull at the grass. The sticky green juice leaves marks on my fingers.

I am the captured. I am the advocate, the villain, the lover and the lost one. I am the captor and the student. The unlikely hero who simply happened to be in the right place at the right time and decided to act.

It will never end. Not here, not now. The question is, are you winning? Are you fighting? Are you giving it your all?

- Missy Nelson

This, as you may have guessed, is a bunch of my papers and such, combined all into one. I wrote this as my final paper this year and I'm pretty sure it was the most fun thing I've ever written. Fun for me to write that is. I hope it makes you think and inspires you to take control of your own education and not let the world tell you what to do. :D

<3 Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment