Thursday, March 2, 2017

Everyday can be a New Beginning

My life has been crazy and yet pretty boring lately. I'm a mom. That pretty much sums it all up. A mom to one beautiful baby girl barely five months old now. I've changed a lot in the process of creating and taking care of another life and I can't say they're all good. I had a lot of expectations that were nothing like the real deal. I expected to be happier to feel more fulfilled. I expected to fit back into my same jeans I was wearing before I got pregnant. I expected my life to be, well, just different.

I think almost every day that I've gotten more than I thought I'd bargained for in both the best and the worst of ways. I smile and laugh more at her than anything else. Like how on earth did she get her binki stuck in her mouth this morning!? I also cry more because of her like why she insists on being up and wide awake at three am?

But just when I think I'm at my worst and I just can't take it anymore, she smiles at me. And I remember just how much I love her and how blessed I am.

Because so many of my expectations were different than I thought they'd be I frequently find myself sad and depressed because things aren't the way I want them. And yet I don't do much to change. I haven't been exercising and eating healthier to loose baby fat and get my body how I like it. I don't do the things I love and go to places I like because of reasons and excuses.

At the beginning of the year I planned to fix all of it! And I got better at being happy until old habits crept back in not long after. And that's why I'm writing this post. Every day can be a new beginning. I started eating better this week, exercising, writing and doing things I love like being outside and reading.

If you need and want to change start today and tomorrow and the next. Don't hurt yourself if you fall short that's why we have tomorrow. It's all just a new beginning.

Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment