Friday, April 5, 2013

Dreams


If you didn't already know, all my posts this week are branching off of my Mission post. This one might be a little harder to realize exactly how it ties in. But I promise it does.

Dreams. Maybe it's just me, but the topic of dreams seem to keep coming up in just about everything. The music I listen to. The books I read. The random topics me and my friends talk about, and yes, *cough* Blog posts.

So what is the thing with dreams? How does it relate to mission? First I want to ask you this.
Do you have a dream?
Do you have a wild hope? Something some people might say you're crazy for even thinking about?
I hope you answer yes. If not, I suggest you get a life.
For me, dreams make life worth living. If you don't have something to live for you might as well be dead. No exaggeration whatsoever.

A dream can be anything. It can be really small or really big. The only thing that matters about your dream, is that you live it. One person might want to summit the highest peak. Others might want to swim to the bottom of the ocean. Some might want to sit and write a book just because. Another person might want to read a gigantic amount of books in a year. It really doesn't matter what your dream is, as long as you've got one.

So why am I bringing dreams, mission and leadership all into the same post? This is why....

You have a mission. Part of that mission is going to be leading others in one way or another. That is what you are supposed to do. That is what God want's you to do. But he also wants you to have and live a dream. Why?

Because he want's you to be yourself! He doesn't want you to always be killing yourself by doing what is best for others. He wants you to push yourself by following a good, productive, dream.

Sometimes I think we get so caught up in what we are supposed to do, that we forget who we are. We forget what we want to do, what we want to be.  Part of being a good leader, part of your mission is to find out who you are, and what you want to be. Find the balance and live your life that way.

So many people these days just go with the flow. The just do whatever it was that their parents did. People who really do live their dreams are few and far between. I believe that part of your mission is to live your dream. Don't just sit their studying or working the rest of your life away. (Unless of course that is your dream.) Study and work so you can live your dream. Do the things you hate so they can get you one step closer to your dream.

So all in all. Live your dreams. Don't ever think you don't have a dream, or that your dream isn't good enough. That's not true! If you don't know what your dream is, find it! God want's you to be happy, so make him happy by living your dream, and as you live your dream, you will also live your mission. 
  
So just remember, Way down deep inside you've got a dream!


No comments:

Post a Comment